“The Association of Energy Engineers, Delhi” is a registered society managing the Delhi-NCR Chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) which is the international professional body on energy management and sustainable development. With its HO at Atlanta, Georgia (USA), AEE has presence through chapters in about 90 countries all over the world. India has two chapters-one at Kolkata and the other at Delhi.
The Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), a nonprofit professional society, was founded in 1977 with the objective
“ To promote the scientific and educational interests of those engaged in the energy industry and to foster action for Sustainable Development”.
The AEE along with its chapters is approved by US IRS as 501(c) (6) non profit organization. The AEE Delhi is registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 by ROS, Delhi.
The AEE offers informational outreach programs including seminars (live and internet based), conferences, certification and training and publication of books, journals, magazines and newsletters. Two journals viz. ‘Energy Engineering’ and ‘Strategic Planning for Energy and Environment’ are complimentary to all AEE members while the third journal viz. ‘Cogeneration & Distributed Generation’ is complimentary to only those AEE members who are also members of the Cogeneration & Distributed Generation Institute. Foundation of AEE is a nonprofit organization dedicated to furthering education in energy and management and has awarded scholarships to thousands of deserving students.
The main objectives of “AEE Delhi” society as contained in the memorandum of association and rules/regulations are listed below.
- To promote the scientific and educational interests of those engaged in energy industry and to provide scientific and educational services to its members and prospective members including holding meetings/conferences for presentation of technical papers
- To foster cooperative action in advancing the common purposes of its members and to promote activities to optimize economy and efficiency
- To promote activities on energy conservation and utilization of new and renewable energy sources
- To conduct trade shows and other activities to promote dissemination of scientific and educational information
- To act as advisers, consultants, researchers and analysts on engineering, conservation, efficiency, technology and commerce of energy
The AEE Delhi is managed by a Board of Directors comprising President, Vice Presidents (2), Secretary and Treasurer. The tenure of the Board is of one year from 01 January.